We Serve HIS Hart, HIS Dream, HIS Plan. Our life is Christ.
For in HIM we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, We are HIS offspring. Our passion is HIS People, HIS Word and HIS Kingdom.
New To Charisma?
Welcome to Charisma! Allow me to introduce you to our church and our Pastoral couples.
Charisma is about the relationship – with you, with others and more importantly with God.
It is our desire to encourage and develop your relationship with God which will equip you to live an Abundant Life and Realise your Purpose.
We believe that no one should go through life alone or without purpose. Our doors are open to all, no matter the background for you to take the opportunity to connect and grow.
It is our goal that this church is one such as that spoken of in the Bible. We invite you to the life-giving experience where you will discover relevant truth taught, genuine worship, authentic friendships, constant prayer, and kind-hearted care for those in need.
In short, we believe a contagious Christian community can influence and encourage others, so whether you’re just starting out asking questions about Christianity, or a committed Christian wanting to explore deeper, you can find a home here at Charisma.
Join us this Sunday or Connect via Facebook.
In the meantime, you’re welcome to explore this platform, review the ministries available, connect with us through the online forms, utilise the learning resources for questions you may have, or watch our recent weekend services.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
What You Can Expect
- Parking is available within the church grounds. However, should this parking be full, feel free to park in the field across the Church. The entrance onto the field is from Cypress Street. Be assured, there is a parking and car attendant on duty whilst you enjoy the service.
- You will receive a friendly welcome at either of the two entrances and will be asked if you are a first time visitor so that we can hand you a visitor card for completion.
- Seating arrangements are not normally made in advance but feel free to sit where you feel most comfortable. During Covid-19 we ask that you maintain a distance of 1.5m.
- Should you have children with you, there is the option to drop them off at the Children church. Have this discussion with the attendant at the door who will be able to guide you to the Children Church.
- Should the children be less than 2 years of age, feel free to keep them in the seat with you? Alternatively, you will find the Mother’s Room suitable for both mother and child.
- Refreshment and cloakroom facilities are found within the Church, please ask the attendant at the door to direct you.
- The service includes
- A welcome, especially to new visitors, who will receive a voucher for coffee with the pastor after the service as well as a welcome pack.
- A few announcements regarding the programme for the week
- An opportunity for members and visitors to contribute their tithe or offering.
- A truly wonderful worship experience led by the band
- A blessing in the form of Gods’ Word delivered by the Pastor or Guest Speaker
- Moments of spiritual exhortation when the Holy Spirit is at work.
- The Altar Call
- Should there be an opportunity for an altar call, there will be an opportunity for a suitably trained individual to pray for you and with you.
- At the end of the service, you are reminded to join the pastor for a coffee.
Pastor Arnold and Karen Uys
Pastor Richard and Adele Anderson
Our mission is to:
- Glorify God.
- Proclaim the Kingdom of God by preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Minister to the needs of the person as a whole.
- Develop, equip and release believers into ministry.
- Extend the influence of the church beyond its boundaries and abroad.
- Promote the fellowship of believers and network ministries.
We acknowledge the following ministry functions:
- The equipping ministries according to Ephesians 4:1-14.
- The charismatic ministry gifts as described in Romans 12:6-9 and 1 Corinthians 12:4-11.
- Elders and deacons (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1).
At Charisma Church there are intentional aspects of our being a child of God that we emphasize as very important in serving God’s heart, God’s dream and God’s plan. These aspects involve:
Love: So that all men will know they are loved ones of God
Marriages: As the building block of a healthy society
Children: Because they are the church 0f today and tomorrow
Benoni: Because the local church is the hope of our town
Unity: Because we want people to believe that God has sent Jesus, we identify and associate with all professing Christians (including those of other denominations)
Unashamedly Ethical: So that the Business World can come to fulfillment of it’s God given purpose in the Great Commission.
Integrity: So the church will look like Christ
Relevant: That what Christ did on the Cross can manifest as reality in the lives of people
- in the eternal triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Almighty Creator, Holder, and Governor of all creation.
- in God the Father, the author of creation and salvation.
- in Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God the Father, truly God who descended from heaven for the sake of mankind and his salvation, and became flesh; who conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary; who lived on earth and was crucified, died and buried, who rose from the dead and ascended into heaven where He sat and is seated on the Father’s right hand.
- in the Holy Spirit, who convinces the world of sin, righteousness and judgement and leads in all truth.
- that the Bible is the word of God, written by people under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We believe that it proclaims the will of God authoritatively and teaches us everything pertaining to life and salvation.
- that all people are created in the image of God; and because of their sinful rebellion this image has been tarnished; that all people have sinned before God and it is the will of God that all people will receive salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
- in the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial sign of speaking in tongues as promised to all believers. We believe in the functioning of the gifts of the Spirit in the life of a Christian. We believe that a Christian should be a disciple of Jesus Christ leading a dedicated and holy life.
- that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church which is joined by the Holy Spirit and consists of all born-again believers. The Church is responsible for the preaching and demonstration of the gospel and God’s will for all people. As a charismatic community they fellowship and encourage each other.
- that the baptism of the believer is through three-fold immersion and the Communion instituted by Jesus Christ must be maintained by the Church.
- that the only marriage ordained by God is that between a man and a woman and which is an image of the relationship between Christ and His Church and that when God determines, Christ will come as a bridegroom and the Church as his bride will be taken away.
- in a day of judgement when Jesus Christ will judge the living and the dead. We believe in the resurrection of the body and eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- in the new heaven and the new earth where God will rule in glory.